Awareness Raiser Event:
West Family Bach Matakana
When: Saturday, March 16th 2013 12:00pm-5:00pm Where: West Family Eco-Bach Matakana
Event Brief (What to expect):
This Awareness raiser/networking event is an opportunity to enjoy an afternoon at a private home/bach in Matakana that is entirely off grid and energy independent.
A group of engaged, influential & passionate people will be meeting to enjoy good food, exciting & diverse entertainment, good company, networking opportunities & a chance to find out how they can lead a more sustainable & satisfying life.
This is a chance to speak to people who are keen to talk about sustainability, both locally and globally.
Tickets cost $20.00 per person (including children)
RSVP by March 2nd 2013
Email Dee to confirm tickets – I will give you an account and email a ticket and all the information to you concerning the event.
Ticket price will include:
– Free shuttle bus from Matakana Village to the venue set amidst 50 acres of pine/eucalyptus & native forest (approximately 10 minutes each way) Shuttles will commence from 11:00am – it will take 2-3 hours to shuttle guests from Matakana to the site, so please arrive early and be patient. Enjoy the markets and beautiful Matakana Village while you wait for your turn to come up the hill.
– Welcome drink (beer or wine)
– Delicious (and sustainable) meal which will be served from 1:00pm – 4:00pm
– Unlimited non-alcoholic beverages
– Musical entertainment
– Information on ecological building solutions, sustainable building options, electric vehicles, & most importantly making easy & effective choices every day to ensure you get more benefit & have less undesirable impact on the world around you
– Short presentation by a spokesperson from the Global Poverty Project
What this is NOT:
THIS IS NOT A FUNDRAISER & you will not be asked to open your wallets beyond the ticket price & a reasonably priced cash bar (extensive selection of $5.00 beer & wine)
This is also not a poorly run “hippy” convention. This is a chance to come & have a good and close look at a functioning, well built, beautiful home that is 100% off grid.
Most importantly, its a chance to meet and talk to a group of really clever people who know lots of things about making good decisions (big ones and little ones) that can ACTUALLY make the world a better place, for us as individuals, & also in a much bigger sense.
For further information please contact:
(m) 021 968 748 (h) 09 413 6400 (e) email@example.com